TXI now offer secure call proxy as part of our range ‘add-on’ features.
What is it?
Allows organisations and call centres to process sensitive payment details over the telephone and stay compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Why do you need it?
Agent assisted payments are becoming increasingly popular among call centres around the world. When a customer makes a payment over the phone while interacting with the agent, the contact centre is subject to PCI DSS requirements.
Ensuring PCI compliance throughout the call centre can be quite a challenging and time-consuming process as it requires securing all the systems and processes such as call logs, recordings and agent activities.
Inference’s Secure Call Proxy de-scopes your entire organisation from PCI DSS requirements by ensuring that any sensitive payment information never reaches your systems.
What are the key benefits?
-Significantly reduces the financial and operational costs of PCI DSS compliance.
– All agents can take payments regardless of physical location or proximity to security threats.
-No changes required at the contact center such as locking agent desktops.
-Our service is Level 1 PCI compliant and integrates with major payment gateways.
-Increased customer confidence
-Reduced agent handling time
-Reduced compliance risk
-No card data stored
-Card data not even heard by your staff
How does it work?
In this mode, every customer call is answered by the Secure Call Proxy (SCP) and then bridged with the contact centre agent.
There are two modes, the first one is Always On;
- When the customer is ready to enter payment information, the agent presses a button on their desktop to initiate payment.
- This informs the SCP to engage a virtual agent to process the payment.
- The virtual agent task is fully configurable and can be customised to individual requirements.
- The virtual agent directs the SCP to deafen and un-deafen the contact center agent throughout the payment process ensuring sensitive information is never transmitted to the contact centre.
- Once the payment process is complete, the SCP ends the virtual agent session while the contact centre agent continues to engage with the customer.
The second one is On Demand;
In this mode the customer calls the contact centre and is connected to an agent.
- When the customer is ready to make a payment, the agent transfers the call to the SCP.
- Agent details are sent as part of the diversion header to the SCP.
- While the agent is in wrap-up state, the SCP bridges the agent back into the call using the details from the diversion header.
- SCP then engages a virtual agent to process the payment similar to the always-on mode.
- On completion of the payment, the SCP terminates the virtual agent session while the contact centre agent continues their conversation with the customer.
- The SCP terminates the call once either the customer or the agent hangs up.